Still thinking which course to take? Consider a career in the hospitality and tourism management industry.
People will always have the propensity to travel or move from one place to another. And each time, they will need people to help make their move fun, easy, convenient, and comfortable. This is where the importance of hospitality professionals comes in.
Here are more reasons why hospitality management continues to attract students and why you should consider venturing into this industry as well.
- Wide range of career opportunities. If you’re looking to invest in a course that will give you good returns, getting a diploma in tourism in Singapore may be ideal. New graduates have high chances of getting employed soon after they finish school. There are always job opportunities available, local and international. There are even instances when you no longer have to have a lengthy professional experience to get a job. Qualifications you need can be acquired and developed while you are already on the job. Examples of which are commitment to providing good customer service and an outgoing personality.
- More possibilities for career growth. The hospitality industry is a lucrative one and is continuously growing and expanding. Those employed in this business sector are also most likely to benefit from the tons of growth opportunities available. Tourism and hospitality management graduates enjoy access to promotions. Anyone can rise from an entry-level position to the top management posts. Of course, this requires hard work and dedication on the part of the employee but the thing is chances are there for you to grab.
- Competitive salaries. High paying hospitality related jobs can be found anywhere. You’re sure to get back your investment as you enjoy good starting salaries and tons of opportunities for increases. Regardless which field or location you may be assigned, you can be confident you will be receiving a fair salary for the services you provide. Pay can still vary from one position to another but the good thing is that you’re assured of a solid wage.
- Access to great benefits. Since hotels or establishments are usually owned by larger businesses, employees get to enjoy good job benefits. This is one way they get to reduce employee turnover rate and ensure their employees are happy and satisfied. It’s not uncommon to be provided competitive healthcare packages as well as generous leaves. Some companies even offer reimbursement should you decide to pursue further studies. Apart from the traditional employee benefits, you and your loved ones may also enjoy tons of perks such as free hotel stays.
- Relaxing work environment. If you don’t see yourself stuck in an office cubicle, getting into the travel and tourism industry may be good for you. Even better if you love traveling yourself. Unlike stationary jobs that require you to stay in front of the computer from nine to five, jobs under the hospitality industry tend to be more dynamic and relaxed. Expect to move around a lot and be surrounded by people and places that call for a ‘quality time’.
Explore more of the benefits that you can enjoy if you’ll pursue a career in the hospitality and management industry. Visit schools near you and inquire about programs they’re offering.