Butter Recipe as Easy as 1, 2, 3!
They say the easiest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. But it’s actually one of the easiest ways to pretty much anybody’s heart. Butter cookies are a no-brainer. They don’t just warm the heart; they melt it.
So if you’re looking for a gift, a peace offering, a healthy snack for a long trip, or something everybody can share over a Disney movie and a big box of milk, try this butter cookie recipe. It’s very easy.
What you need:
2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
1 cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 medium-sized eggs
What to do:
- 1. Mix.
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl. Sift them.
- In another bowl, cream or soften the butter such that it’s easy to mix or beat. You can cream or soften the butter using a wooden spoon, or leave it in room temperature for a while. DO NOT MELT THE BUTTER. If you do not have an electric mixer, use a wooden spoon to cream the butter and mix the sugar.
- Add the sugar to the softened butter. Mix them using an electric mixer at medium-high speed until the ingredients have completely blended, and the mixture is smooth and a bit fluffy.
- Lower the speed of your mixer, then add the eggs and vanilla one by one.
- Add the mixture of flour and baking powder. Mix them well by folding the mixture in using a spatula or wooden spoon. Folding is important to blend the ingredients well and allow some air into the mixture.
- Make a roll dough of about 12 inches and wrap it with a sheet of plastic. Put this dough in refrigerator until it gets firm, which usually takes about 4 hours.
- 2. Bake.
- Once dough is firm, it’s time to bake. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Take your dough and slice into ¼-inch pieces. You can cut them any shape you like.
- Grease the pan or baking sheet, then place the sliced dough on it. Make sure to keep them about an inch apart.
- Bake them in the oven for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let them cool.
- 3. Eat.