Weight management will be as complicated as you make it. Many people make it difficult, and then they end up backsliding and gaining back all of their weight. If you don’t want to go through that process (again), take these tips to make stripping off the weight simple:
1. Think of weight management, rather than restriction and deprivation. Do not tell yourself that you are never again eating cake or doing other things that you know are enjoyable but unhealthy. It is about managing and controlling, rather than restricting obsessively. It is about being reasonable and consuming in moderation, rather than complete deprivation.
2. Take full advantage of the knowledgeable personnel at your local slimming centre. Professionals working at slimming centres dedicate their life to helping people just like you achieve their weight loss goals. They know how to implement structure and goals in your life so you slim down and start feeling better.
3. Pay just as much attention to how you feel and the fit of your clothing as you do to the scale. The scale is just one way of measuring progress, but it can let you down frequently. You may be improving tremendously, but the scale may not reflect that improvement. This is because your body is adjusting in terms of fat/muscle composition. Your weight may fluctuate, but you will see progress in other ways and that will motivate you to continue.
4. Make yourself a priority. If you have to, schedule appointments with yourself and then treat them as if they were appointments with important clients you cannot afford to lose. The more consistent you are with healthy meals and exercise, the faster you will lose weight. You will also be more likely to keep the weight off long term, since consistency breeds healthier habits that stick with you.
5. Open yourself to following the directions given by your local slimming centre. You may be advised to do things beyond your comfort zone at first, and you will naturally resist those recommendations. If you force yourself to ease into it and just give it a try a few times, you will find that your comfort zone is expanded. You grow, and that growth brings easier weight loss. More importantly, it brings longer lasting weight loss!
6. Experiment with different types of exercise until you find something that you enjoy. You may think that there is nothing you enjoy, but there is something out there. Exercise can be anything that helps sculpt and tone your body, or which elevates your heart rate for an extended period of time to enhance fat burn. This can be dancing at a night club or cross country skiing. It doesn’t have to be hardcore weightlifting or walking on a treadmill.
Fast weight loss does not have to be complicated or difficult. Work with your lifestyle and personality to make it easier, and you will keep the weight off long term. If you make use of a slimming centre at least to get started, your results will be far more impressive.